Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nouns-Dueling FlipCharts

1. Prompt students to think of nouns.
2. Each student writes in a different color.
3. Specify a time limit.
4. Teams line up.
5. When teacher instructs students to begin, students take turns writing down nouns.
6. Teams continue until time is up.

There are a couple of things that I include before they begin. First, I give them think time to make their own short list. This helps all students, especially the struggling students, get their thoughts organized before they begin. Next, I instruct students that they cannot write down something that has already been written down. Last, my students love a competition! My students know that at the end of the time limit we discuss their lists, and the team with the most items is the "winner".

0 HOOTS:

Post a Comment