Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Back To School Freebie


Respect.  I truly believe that respect is the key to creating a caring classroom.  I treat my students with respect.  It’s that simple for me.  Respect is reciprocal.  I believe 100% that if you treat your students with respect they will in turn respect you.  

The first day of school is prime time for beginning respect.  Not only do I want my students to respect me, I want them to respect each other.  The first couple of days for me consist of teambuilding and classbuilding activities.  I don’t have “rules” in my classroom, I have expectations.  When we do teambuilding and classbuilding activities, my students know that I expect them to treat each other with respect.  They are expected to include EVERYONE.  This mindset works for me and for my students.  

Find a Buddy Who Back to School Bingo is a classbuilding activity that I do on the first day of school.  From day one my students are interacting with each other and EVERYONE is included.  You can download this free activity HERE at my TpT store.   


Laura Candler at Corkboard Connections has a Caring Classroom Link Up.  There are some fabulous ideas, tips, and activities waiting for you!  Click the Caring Classroom Badge to be taken to her blog.

2 HOOTS:

Suzy Q said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for a fun twist on this old favorite of mine! Never added the bingo component before...guess what we'll be doing this year?

Mandy Neal said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Suzy Q
You are welcome! I hope your students have fun with it!

Post a Comment