Monday, January 7, 2013

Amazing Things #1




It’s the first Monday of the New Year, and if you are like me….it’s the first school day of the New Year.  Once again, if you are like me you need a dose of reminding what it’s all about.  As I was doing my annual clear-the-clutter, I came across something that put some warmth in my heart. 

About a year and a half ago, I sat down and made a list of things that I felt made my job AMAZING.  After finding it, I was quickly reminded of exactly where and whom I was with.  It was a snow day, and I was with my 3-year-old, who is now five!!!!  I was inspired by The Book of Awesome, and began writing down things that happened in my day-to-day life as a teacher that made what I do AMAZING.  To my surprise, I realized I had over 100 AMAZING things already written down.  I immediately began adding to my list.  I found that it was easy once I began looking and searching deep inside to find what truly makes my profession worth every moment.

Sometimes we need to look at the little things to keep us going.  At the end of the day when I look back those little things make it all worth it!

This New Year, I challenge you to look for the good in what you do.  There may be days when you feel it is impossible, but if I can find a list almost two years later and continue it like it was yesterday, I know you can too!

It’s a New Year!  Follow me in finding the AMAZING things that make what we do worth more than we can ever imagine was possible whether they be big or small, funny or tearful.  In the great scheme of things they are AMAZING!

It’s my first day back after a two week break, it’s my first Monday of 2013, and it’s the New Year.  Join me EVERY Monday to see what I find to be AMAZING, and I would love for you to share what it is you find to be AMAZING!



1 HOOTS:

Post a Comment